One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day




Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Meet Lori Pyle



There are not a lot of things more uncomfortable than having to write or speak about yourself, but I fully believe in the charge that Chrissie and I have been given to share our lives in a completely spontaneous way. I’m not exactly sure what that is going to look like, but I know that it could be difficult at times, mostly fun, and possibly entertaining. Whatever it is, we felt like our readers and listeners need to have a better understanding of who we are, ya know for street cred! That right there should say something about me.

So for the very basic information, my name is Lori Pyle. I’ve been married for almost 23 years and we have 6 children. That’s it! I’m done! With those two pieces of information alone, I could talk for days. My husband and I have lived in 6 different states and are both originally from Missouri, which we moved away from and then back to 3 different times. We have moved so many times people used to ask us if we were in the military. Nope, we just moved because we could. We currently live in Kentucky and generally speaking, I would say we are a Midwest family. My husband has mountain in his blood, which he has passed down to several of our children, but we definitely operate like a Midwest family. I mean, our 17-year-old son just assumes that everybody owns a gig pole, and for me the idea of life on the lake it almost heaven. By the way, if you don’t know what a gig pole is then I will assume you are not a Midwesterner, hence my point. Luckily, we have lived in other states and traveled abroad several times so our experiences in life have been wonderful and very diverse at times. Chrissie and I lived in Missouri and Colorado together and that’s where it all started.

As mentioned, my husband and I have 6 children, 3 of whom are biological and 3 of whom were adopted a little more than 3 years ago from Sierra Leone, Africa. We have 4 sons and 2 daughters. One is in college, 2 are in high school, 2 are in middle school, and one is in elementary. All of our kids are very active in sports as both my husband and I were as well. I am a football, basketball, track, Lacrosse, field hockey, cheer, and soccer mom. I love it all and even when it’s hard to manage our crazy schedule, we know our children will cherish these years of having parents who supported everything they did. I’m sure my husband would agree, but our glory days in sports were some of the best memories ever.

So, yes, it might make sense that a mom of six very active children would be a stay-at-home mom, but that would not be true. I am a Speech-Language Pathologist and I work in the middle school, because clearly, I don’t get enough teenager-ness at home. Again, this is something I dearly love. My work in the school is abundantly satisfying to my soul.

I also consider myself to be an adoption advocate. I believe with my entire being that every child deserves the love of a family and there are way too many orphans in the world to stay quiet about the children who do not have a voice in the matter. That being said, I had my world rocked a few years ago and this ride that I’m on has me questioning everything about my life, constantly! I believe we were placed on this earth for a purpose and I believe in the God of the universe, of whom I will serve into eternity. I cannot understand everything that has happened in my life, but my faith will not be shaken. However, authenticity will demand truth and that truth says that there have been seasons in my life, even as a Christian, that I have wondered “what the hell is going on?” “Who am I?” “Where is God?” and “Can I just quit?” Those questions will quite possibly come up often if we truly stay in the moment with you. I am absolutely humbled at the thought that even one person might stop by our blog and read what we have to say or that anyone would tune in to our podcasts to hear our world of crazy, but to whomever you are, thank you for joining us. This should really be a good time.

1 comment:

  1. There's podcasts too??? Holy Canoli I hit the motherload! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete